Skip to main content

Lets Start This Back Up Again!

Its been a year a a half since we have posted anything despite occasional urgings from you all about what we have been cooking up. Its about time so I'll briefly start with our most recent adventure!

After being inspired by a local Italian restaurant in St. Paul last month I (Richard) decided to recreate a wonderful dish we tried: Andouille Sausage Risotto with Parsnips topped with a beautifully seared piece of Sea Bass.

For our version I omitted the parsnips (feeling lazy) and had some good quality chorizo on hand instead but it turned out to be pretty close. You simply fry up some kidney bean size pieces of the sausage and add it to some homemade risotto and we quickly seared some Chilean Sea Bass to place on top. Paired with a good Sauvignon Blanc and it was a Tuesday night to remember.

If you haven't tried your hand at Risotto before I urge you to give it a shot. Its very simple as long as you carefully follow the procedure until you get a hang of it. We normally just add Parmesan cheese to the finished product but this recipe proves that it is incredibly versatile to whatever your mood.

Hopefully this will inspire some Risotto creativity, enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alright you breakfast haters...

Enough are the days where breakfast is the forgotten meal. I am catering this blog to those of you who think breakfast food simply consists of bland dull cereal that looks like it could have come from a cement truck, and to those who won't give the most important meal of the day credit for what it truly is: good eats! I have a husband who only eats oatmeal plain (no water added), only has cereal with a very small amount of milk, and who would prefer to eat chocolate chip cookies instead of Kashi fiber cereal. So I have had to come up with some ways to make breakfast appealing to him! And I think I have been successful. Try these three recipes, and I am confident that even the most stubborn breakfast hater will be converted. Chocolate Chip Muffins (12 servings) 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/3 cup light brown sugar (any type of brown sugar will work) 1/3 cup sugar 2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup milk 1/2 cup butter--melted and cooled 2 eggs beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla ...

A Little Pita Awesomeness

Hello everyone again! I have to quickly share this recipe with you if your in the mood for a little Mediterranean goodness. I came up with this a few months ago and I think you should try it, its just a simple pita with grilled chicken in it. All you do is marinate a chicken breast with some olive oil (say, quarter cup), salt, pepper and maybe a tablespoon of dried oregano. Grill this up (the BBQ makes a difference) and cut it into pieces. Throw it in the warmed pita with whatever you want! I like onions, hummus and some feta cheese. Wendy likes to add grilled bell peppers as well. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Where to start?

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to share with you first. I have been cooking a lot, helped a friend set up his kitchen from the ground up (a lot of fun) and I've spent the last week in Chicago tasting all they have to offer! I would love to go on and on but I will bore you so I'll tell you about my the most recent adventure, risotto and pork tenderloin. To be exact, a Dijon Garlic Pork Tenderloin with a Sauvignon Blanc reduction sauce and a Parmesan and Red Pepper Risotto. Give your stuff fancy names and simple things can impress! Wendy has always wanted to try risotto and it took me to watch a Good Eats episode on rice to realize what a cool thing it is. What you do is take Arborio rice (short grain, starchy), toast it in oil then slowly simmer it adding stock as you go. It results in a creamy texture that tasted like it has about a cu cream in it when it really only has about 2 tablespoons. Add Parmesan cheese, possibly some veggies like asparagus and it doe...